Health authorities are continuing covid-19 restrictions until February 5, which means all CHBC in-person gatherings are suspended. This includes our Thursday evening and Sunday morning worship services. Please visit the website for future updates and to access our weekly online worship services, which are posted each Sunday morning.
In Christ, CHBC Staff and Elders
Congregational Meeting Tuesday, January 26 @ 7 pm
Please visit our church website to read the details about our upcoming congregational meeting. Don’t miss the video about an exciting proposal for a basement renovation that we will discuss and vote on at the meeting. We’d love for as many of you as possible to join our meeting, which will be held over Zoom. If you plan to attend please let us know by registering here. If you need help with Zoom or registration, please contact Todd.
Click this link to join the meeting, or enter the following details:
Meeting ID: 874 2962 0249
Nominations for College Heights Baptist Church
To be voted on at the Congregational Meeting, January 26, 2021
Board of Directors:
- Vice-Moderator Chris Thomas (2 year term – to Dec. 2022)
- Church Clerk Colleen Price (1 year term - to Dec. 2021)
- Member at Large Shanthini Rajendran (2 year term - to Dec. 2022)
- Financial Secretary: Becky Brookhart (2 year term - to Dec. 2022)
- Peter Melnick (2 year term - to Dec. 2022)
- Shane Nicholson (2 year term - to Dec. 2022)
- Jim Schalin (2 year term - to Dec. 2022)
- Compassion Ministries: Frances Leboe (2 year term - to Dec. 2022)
Prayers for family & missionaries
Betty Andrews, CEF: Please pray for God's leading in conversations by phone with our oldest “Club” girl as she is growing in her relationship with God but does not get any help or encouragement at home. Pray for wisdom and creativity as I finish some lessons for KidsZone and also work on summer curriculum.
Darren Child: Power to Change. Thank you CHBC for your extra end-of-year donation. Here is an update for the Jesus Film ministry from Jan. - Dec. 2020. (Despite being suspended for 6 months due to the Covid crisis in Liberia and Sierra Leone.)
Number of Film showings: 65
Total Attendance: 34,800
Decision for Christ: 1,498
Number of new Church plants: 33
Number trained to teach others: 736
Number trained to plant new churches: 308
New Church buildings: 5
Chain of Love, Brazil: Telmo Camargo, our executive director, got COVID-19 and immediately was separated from Chain of Love. He stayed home, recovered, and now is back to work. No members of his family and no children or teenagers from Chain of Love became infected. Praise the Lord!
On Friday January 29 at 6:30 pm, Men's Ministry would like to invite all men, young and old to join in an online workshop together on Zoom led by Promise Keepers Canada who are internationally recognized leaders in men's ministry. The workshop will be on building authentic friendships. All of us have plenty of people we call 'friends.' Yet most men yearn for something deeper than the usual "so how's work going?"
This workshop examines four levels of relationships between guys and how to move through each level. The workshop is free and you can register directly through a link below. In order for you to have the Zoom link and workbook emailed to you on the Wednesday before the workshop, you need to register by January 25 via the following link.
If you have any questions just email Dave B.
Ladies Thursday Morning Bible study (LMO) will be starting up on Thursday Feb 4th – we will be meeting on Zoom until such time as we are able to meet in person again. Two studies are offered:
- Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Women – In this study, we will look at Proverbs 31 and other scriptures that talk about the woman God has called us to be. We will learn to develop a root system that will anchor our hearts and minds into God’s Word that will sustain us as we grow in this life and into Glory. Leader: Ruth Grasley
- Book of Exodus – Exodus is not only the historical account of God’s deliverance of His people, but it is relevant for our lives as believers today. I think we would all say we want to know God better. In this study we, like Moses, will encounter this Holy God and be moved to worship as we discover how to love Him, how to serve Him, and how to walk with Him in obedience. Leader: Kathy Harris
Both studies will begin Thursday Feb 4th at 9:45 am. Please contact the study leader directly to register for one of these studies as soon as possible, as workbooks may need to be ordered.
Ladies Monday Evening Bible Study – a new study on the Book of Exodus (see above for details) will begin on Monday Feb 8th at 7:00 pm. We will also be meeting on Zoom for the time being. Please contact Kathy Harris if you would like to be part of this study so that adequate study materials can be acquired.
Tuesday January 26 at 10:30 am. Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 835 0302 8949 Password: prayer
Drive In Watch Party
Register for the next Drive In Watch Party on January 31st at 6 pm.
Visit the Messages page to worship together on Sunday morning around 9–10 am.
On Sundays there will be a Children’s Church link on our website: https://mychbc.ca/childrens-church
Tithes & Offering
CHBC supports missionaries and non-profit organizations that depend on us for their livelihood and to meet their financial needs. As you continue to care for your family, please consider giving your tithes and offerings to these ministries as you have done so generously in the past.
There are several ways to donate to CHBC Ministries: